Monday, January 30, 2012

What I've been doing... Weekend edition!!

Alright so I will start this post off with Friday night... we had someone come look at our last appliance listed on Craigslist.  He looked at the stove, paid us cash for what we were asking, and said he would be back Sunday at 1 with a pick-up truck to get it!  Woohoo!!  No more "spare" appliances in the garage!!

So, on to Saturday...
-Slept in a bit, woke up
-Fixed the kids breakfast
-Showered and got all dressed
-Headed out to the THUNDERBOLTS game!  (Never heard of the Thunderbolts?!?!?  They are a team of the cutest... maybe not the best 1st grade boys basketball game.  I'll be honest with you, the game was rough, one might even say bad!!  Our leading scorer was held scoreless, and it just seemed that with the exception of a few, that the rest of the team just wasn't really in the basketball playing-mood.  And that happens sometimes!!  Except for my child, who had a bee in his bonnet!  If you know my child personally, you know he is very competitive, but not very aggressive!  And he definitely does not have height on his side (look at his parents!)!  Something got into him and he was more aggressive than I had ever seen him... he scored, he blocked SEVERAL shots (hello, shortest kid on the team?!?!), stole a couple passes and had his hands up almost everytime down on defense... he may have even thrown in a double team or several!  As disappointing as it was to lose (we all know we lost even though they don't technically keep score), I was so impressed with my kiddo's playing on Saturday!  OK, enough "bragging"!!
- Ate lunch with the family
- Ran to Target with the family to pick up a few things and a birthday gift.
- Started on what may be the project of the century... our basement storage room...
 I am so embarrassed to be showing you this picture.  If you remember one of my posts before Christmas, I was talking about going through all our old filing and shredding and making new hanging folders, etc.  Well I got about 1/2 way done with that project before the kitchen started, then there was Christmas, then back to school, then... well you get the point.  During that time, a whole stack of files, paper and other stuff fell off the table onto the floor, breaking a fan.  This is also the room where things get thrown, when they don't have a specific spot.  This is also my "sewing room", so there's a ton of fabric, and stuff.  I have several projects that I want to do that involve my sewing machine which you can maybe see is located on the table, which can't be reached right now!!

-Got bored of cleaning/organizing after 15 minutes so I took a nap while watching the KU bball game (which was almost as rough as the Thunderbolts game!!)

- Made a quick dinner (well let's be realistic... warmed up leftover pizza) for the boys and the hubby so they could go to a birthday party followed by a professional indoor soccer game.

-Got the boys out the door!

-Opened the fridge, got out an apple, a pear, a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, and a banana and had dinner myself!

-Vegged in front of HGTV (they were all new episodes)

-Caught up on my google reader (which had 1500+ posts (I wasn't online much in the last 2 weeks!)

-Took a bath, read for a while, chatted with the boys when they all got home, went to bed

SUNDAY 
-slept in a lot!!

-washed, dried, and put away 6 loads of laundry

-started in again on the cluttered basement storage room.  One of the things down there is a filing bin with all our appliance instruction books, warranties, etc.  This file used to be super-organized, then we had kids and everything just got thrown in there, so I decided to go through the whole thing and organize it again!  Here are piles of books!!
 Found some super old things... an instruction book for a VCR?!?!?!  We haven't owned one of those in many many years... did a whole lot of recycling with this project!!
 After I finished that project (which I forgot to take a picture of the finished files), I did some meal planning and grocery list making...

- Went to dinner with the family... Cactus Grill!  Yummy!
- Did our grocery shopping for the week (Trader Joe's and Whole Foods)
-Read a little bit
-Went to sleep!!

A somewhat productive weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...