Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Candlestick-y things...

So my neighbor used to be a consultant for Southern Living at Home.  She recently decided to end her consultant-ship (is that a word?), and was selling off all her inventory on hand at rock-bottom prices, so I bought a few things from her like two of these candlestick-y things...
 
 So, when I got them from my neighbor, I really liked the color, but then I placed them in my living room and I decided I didn't really like the color anymore.  So, I decided to spray paint them!!  The glass "jar" part is permanently attached to to the base.  Step 1: tape off the glass so no paint gets on it...
 Next: Cover the top of the glass with wax paper and tape it down securely so paint won't get inside the "jar".
The next step is to sand off all the current paint and rough up the base so the spray paint will stick to it... in this picture you can see the difference... the one on the left has been sanded, the one on the right has not yet been sanded...
The next step is to spraypaint... my only question was, "what color?"  I debated for a long time and then because our living room is a pretty dark grayish-green and our furniture is chocolate brown, and we have a white fireplace and white trim and white blinds...
So I decided to paint them white to bring some of the white off the walls into the center of the room...
 I used Rustoleum White Satin and a Rustoleum Matte Clear coat.
I decided to fill it with some orange-y pebbles that I had stored in my guestroom closet until last week!!  I will probably also get some candles to go in there too, but I didn't have any of those laying around...
 Here's what they look like on the coffee table in front of the love seat!  I LUVVVV them!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...