Friday, December 9, 2011

What have I been doing... (Reading edition)... On Mystic Lake

Since my house is in complete disarray, I haven't been able to do much crafting lately so I have been doing a lot of reading.  The first book I'm going to "review" is On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah.

ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg


 Definitely do not confuse this with the 1980's hit movie with Julia Roberts... that's called Mystic Pizza.  Mystic Pizza takes place in Mystic Connecticut (I think) and On Mystic Lake takes place in the Pacific Northwest, and the plot is nothing at all the same.

ref=sr_1_1.jpg

Kristin Hannah is a fabulous writer, she deals with real world issues... this one dealt with adultery, divorce, pregnancy, death, and depression, but she deals with them in a real-world manner, not a bunch of soap opera type storylines.  I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...