Monday, March 12, 2012

What have I been doing (decorating edition)... hooks and more hooks!!

Ok, so there are some background things you need to know before I jump into the hook projects!!

1) I used to be an Uppercase Living consultant.  Right before I ended my consultant-ship (is that a word?!?!?) I went through and bought a whole bunch of random vinyl sayings and other things with my discount that I thought I might someday put up.  Let's just say I have a ton of vinyl, if I wanted to cover my whole house in vinyl, it's possible I have plenty!!!

2) I lose my car keys on an almost daily basis, usually when we are running late to get my 7 year old to school.  I just throw them down on the cabinet beside my purse and without fail they get lost!  I once had to have my neighbor pick up my 4 year old at preschool because I had lost my keys only to find them in the silverware drawer about 5 minutes after she dropped him off.  The drawer must have been opened and they must have fallen in... I don't know!!!! We have lived in our house for 10 years and this has been going on for 10 years!!

3) My husband believes that I am incapable of hanging his dress shirts up properly!  He buys the wrinkle-free ones because it's possible that I refuse to iron for him, but the problem with the wrinkle-free is that you have to take them directly from the drawer and hang them up "the right way" (which I apparently haven't learned in my 34 years on Earth)!  In the 10 years, we have lived in this house, every week while doing laundry I've said, "I really should put some hooks in here to hang the hubby's shirts on as soon as I pull them out of the dryer!"

Can you see where I'm going with all this?!?!?  I bet so!!!!

 These are the hooks I bought at Target... they are even called a key rail!  How awesome is that????
 And here is the key rail hanging on the wall right beside the entrance to the garage... notice my keys on the far right hook?!?!?


Then I looked through all my vinyl (and I'm not talking my record collection!!) and found this one which just totally cracks me up... yes I have THAT kind of sense of humor!!

Then I found this little plaque thing that comes with 4 hooks (all also from Uppercase Living)! And I did the whole vinyl application and came up with this...

And here it is hanging up in my itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny laundry room!  I love it!  I snicker everytime I walk into the laundry room!!

And here it is right after I did my laundry for the week... serving their purpose!!!

1 comment:

Tell me what you think...