Monday, March 12, 2012

What have I been doing (home improvement/decorating edition)... 1/2 bathroom fixtures

So you may remember on an earlier post, I talked about painting our 1/2 bathroom a soft gray color and spray painting some accessories and picture frames in an oil rubbed bronze color.  I got all the accessories put in and it looked fabulous with one exception...

In case you are not familiar with what that "lovely" thing is... it is a builder's grade faucet in shiny chrome from the very early 2000's.  I decided to change that bad boy out.  This makes the 5th faucet I have replaced and honestly, this is one of the easiest home improvement projects that ANYONE can do!!  I did take step-by-step pictures, but somehow they are gone off my camera, so you don't get instructions.  I apologize!!!!

Everything you need comes with faucet in the box... even very nice and easy to follow instructions!!

The first step (after turning off the water to the faucet obviously!) is to remove the old faucet.  Now just be ready!!  If you are at all like me and have lived in your home for 10 years and have a 7 year old boy and a 4 year old boy and this is the bathroom that they always use to wash their hands when they come in after playing, it will be yucky... like this...

Do you see that dirt ring??  Gross!!  Here's what it looks like after being scrubbed with Clorox wipes...
 Much better!!!

And here is the after picture with some of the spray painted accessories (they both used to be shiny chrome).
LOVE IT!!!!

Then I had to change out the hinges and the handles for the vanity... here are the old ones...

and here's the after...


**Sorry these are not the best pictures... the bathroom is TINY and there is no window anywhere close so the lighting is just horrible!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed. Wish you could come decorate my house.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...