Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What have I been doing (decorating edition)... wall gallery!!!

So this is one of the walls of our living room.  It is LONG and BLANK!! The wall across the room is a wall of almost all windows so I needed something BIG to fill this wall.  (As a side note, please excuse the mess on the side table and the ottoman (I took this picture on a weekend where the hubby was working from home so that's all his stuff spread all over!)) <-- I think I have a parentheses problem!!  Anyway back to the wall...

I searched high and I searched low for a LARGE wall gallery that would work there.  After A LOT of searching and pinning, I finally found this gallery wall idea from (of all places) the HP website.

So I went through all of the old frames and pictures and mirrors, etc. that I had laying around and came up with as similar in size as I could to this gallery wall drawing.  I measured each frame, picture, etc. as well as the wall and using my Type A personality traits I created a graph so I could lay out everything and make sure it all fit...

Then I laid out all the frames, etc. on the floor and as you can see in the picture below, they are all of different finishes, so I grabbed my Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint and went to town spraypainting all the frames to match so they would all coordinate.

Then I drew all the shapes of the frames, etc. onto some old packing paper that I had and taped it all up on the wall to see what it would look like...

And here is the finished project...  I absolutely LOVE it!  I just need to paint the vent the same color as the wall so it will blend in and not stick out!
I apologize for the horrible picture, remember on the opposite wall is a wall of windows so the light shines directly in and it created glares on a lot of the pictures, but trust me, it looks good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...