Thursday, March 15, 2012

What have I been doing (Decorating edition)... dots and M in the living room!!!

I have had a couple people ask me if I made this "picture" or if I bought this... and of course, I made it!!  And I will tell you how... I took pictures at each step, but for some reasons only the first couple pictures showed up... I have no idea where the other pictures are!!!

The board is a wooden plaque with rounded edges that is sold by Uppercase Living.  It is a raw wood plaque and I picked up my best friend Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and spray painted that plaque and a wooden "M" that I bought at Hobby Lobby a long time ago.  While those were drying I took my Stampin' Up! 1-3/4" circle punch and punched out 10 circles of about 10 different designs of scrapbook paper.  Then I took my second best friend spray adhesive and started applying circles to the plaque.  I tried not to have any of the same design right next to each other...

After I let the circles dry, I used my "durable steel construction" straight edge and an exacto knife to cut the excess edges off...
Now here is where the pictures disappear so you have to use your imagination... I liked the way it looked with one layer of circles, but there was a lot of the oil rubbed bronze color coming out between the circles so the "M" having the same color didn't really pop.  So I decided to put another layer of circles covering the little triangles in between the circles (does that even make sense?!?!)

After I finished applying a whole lot of circles, I let the spray adhesive dry, then trimmed the excess edges again, then I applied a layer of matte Mod Podge over the circles.  After it dried, I used E6000 adhesive to apply the wooden "M".  

I LOVE it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this project!!! I will do that for my boys' rooms with their current interests.. and it's a great baby gift too!! Can I post on my blog and link it your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Merritt! Absolutely post it on your blog and link to mine!!

      Delete

Tell me what you think...