Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Three random things for today (11/8/11)...

Just 3 things that happened today...

1. I understand that you need to sell candy bars to go on your trip, but 1.) it's the week after Halloween and we have so much candy here already... not good timing, 2.) it's after dark, you don't need to be ringing my doorbell when I'm trying to get my kids in bed! and lastly, 3.) I have a "no soliciting" sign in my window and yes selling candy does qualify as soliciting... ok, I'm done with my vent!!

2. Conversation with the 7 year old...
D: mom, what happens when lightning strikes your house?
Me: well it can start a fire.
D: who has that happened to?
Me: well nobody that I know personally
D: well then how do you know it can happen?
Me: ummmm, I've seen it on the news?!?!?!
D: well what was the name of the person on the news that it happened to?
Me: I don't remember.
D: well then how do you know that it can really happen??
Me: I give up!  Isn't there a show on TV you want to watch or a video game you want to play???

3. My 4-year old has become a complete homebody.  He gets upset whenever we have to leave to go somewhere.  I don't know it that's a good thing or not??  I am a complete homebody and could easily become a hermit if I didn't have any obligations outside of the house.  It's really hard to encourage your children to do something that you yourself have a hard time doing!!

Please feel free to comment and give your opinions/advice to any of the above-mentioned items!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...