Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What have I done today: reading edition...

If you don't know me very well, then you probably don't know that I read a lot! And by a lot, I mean A LOT!!  like in finish a book every day or every other day.

 Today I finished one by one of my all time favorite authors... Ken Follett.  You probably know of him from his Oprah's bookclub pick Pillars of the Earth, but before he wrote Pillars, Ken Follett wrote a bunch of other books.  And they are fabulous!!

The one I finished reading today is The Hammer of Eden.  It is about a domestic terrorist who steals a seismic vibrator (get your mind out of the gutter!!!) - it's a piece of heavy equipment used my oil companies to jackhammer down into the Earth's crush.  The terrorist steals this machine in order to cause earthquakes.  (Funny thing... on Saturday night while laying on my bed reading this book, there was a 5.6 magnitude earthquake in Oklahoma which I felt while reading about earthquakes... very ironic!!)

I highly recommend this book as well as all of the other Ken Follett books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...