Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I have done today... (Cooking edition)... Jello salad...

This is a staple at our family Thanksgiving dinners.  I remember having it at my grandma's house and at my mom's house, and this year I am bringing it to our Thanksgiving dinner.
 Ingredients:
-2 packages Raspberry Jello
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 large apple finely diced.

Directions:
1. Dissolve 2 pkgs of jello in 2 cups of very hot water.  Mash the cranberry sauce and add to the jello mixture.

2. Stir in 1-3/4 cup cold water and add drained pineapple, celery, walnuts and apple.  Give it a quick stir and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.

Here's what it looks like right before you refrigerate it...
Supper yummy!  Not slimy like jello, but with some crunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...