Thursday, November 10, 2011

What have I done today (11/10/11)... Reading edition...

I promise that I don't only read, cook & eat!!  I did finish a diy decorating project that I hope to blog about later today, but first I finished another book!

This is one by another of my FAVORITE authors Chris Bohjalian! Now this book, Idyll Banter, is not like a typical Chris Bohjalian fiction book.  This book is a collection of his newspaper columns from the Burlington Free Press newspaper.  To put it right out there... I love it!!

Now I was born in State College, Pennsylvania (no I am not switching the topic of this post over to the Penn State/Joe Paterno issue, even though I definitely have my opinions about the whole thing).  We moved from PA when I was still a baby, and besides from a trip last year to New York for 4 days, I have spent NO time in the Northwest.

This book describes a lot of small town life in Vermont and after reading it, I am ready to move there!!  It sounds perfect for a shy, homebody like me!!!

Now the first grouping of columns was a little slow as it talked a lot about farming and cows, which isn't really isn't my biggest interest, but starting with the next grouping of columns it was wonderful and a very quick read!  I highly recommend this book to everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny! I love book recommendations. Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...