Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What have I done lately... (Reading edition)...

Through my crazy bad parenting lack of sleep week/weekend I finished another book.  This one is by one of my all-time favorite authors, George Pelacanos.  Almost all of his books take place in DC and range in date from the 60's all the way up through the 90's so there's a racial and socioeconomic undercurrent to almost all his books.  This one is Hard Revolution, and I honestly say, it was one of my favorites of his that I've read.

Pelacanos does a really great job of bringing in what truly happened in history into his stories.  For example, within this story it dealt with the aftermath of the racial rioting that occurred in DC immediately after the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr..  Very interesting topics and storylines.  I highly recommend this book as well as all of George Pelacanos' other books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...