Friday, November 18, 2011

What I have done today... (Decorating edition)... NEW GRANITE COUNTERTOPS!!!

I know all my faithful blog readers have been waiting so anxiously for my updates about the kitchen remodel.  It officially started today!!!!

We built this house 10 years ago in December so everything is pretty old and out of date.  Here is a picture of what we are starting with (please excuse the missing drawers... I had to take them out for the installation and forgot to take a picture before)...
 This is the lovely oatmeal colored laminate on the lovely oak cabinets.  Starting on December 5th the cabinet refinishing will commence and they will become a lovely dark dark brown color (almost black).  Then after Thanksgiving we will be ordering all new stainless steel appliances!!
 And here is the new granite countertops... excuse the bad quality of picture.  It was dark when I took the picture.  The countertops don't look all that fabulous with the oak colored cabinets, but remember they will look a lot different in a month!!!
 Here is an up close view of the granite...  It is called Giallo Ornamental.  It's beautiful!!!!
 And here is an even closer up view.  There are veins of the dark dark brown and veins of a reddish almost purple color.  It is beautiful!!  And I love it!!!!!!!
I highly recommend the company we went through... Granite Center.  Some of our neighbors have also used them... if you are local in the KC area and want their contact information, just leave a comment or drop me an email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...