Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I did today: Cooking edition...

Ok, so I actually made these yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to blog about them until today...

We get our fruit and vegetables from a box (that's what my kids say!).  And it truly is a box.  Our school is in a co-op with Door to Door Organics.  The school receives 10% of every order placed by a member of the co-op, so not only do we get to eat all organic fruits and vegetables (most of which are locally grown) but we give money to the school... what could be better?!?!

So every Tuesday afternoon a box is delivered to the school full of fruits and veggies for our family.  I love it... you can make up to 5 substitutions a week so I get our staple fruits and veggies but I usually also get some fun new things to try.

So we got our new box yesterday, but I had several leftover apples and a cup of cranberries so I decided to go to one of my favorite websites... Allrecipes where you can enter in ingredients that you have and it will pull up recipes for you.

It pulled up this recipe... Cranberry Apple Muffins, so I got started making these muffins.  And let me tell you, the prep time on this recipe is off (at least for me) instead of 20 minutes it took at least 45 minutes to prep everything, and most of it was because of all the shredding!!  But let me tell you, it was worth it!!  The muffins are super yummy... I might change one thing if I make them again, I think I would only use a half cup of cranberries and a half cup of raisins.  The cranberries were very tart so I think I would have used a little less of them and some sweet raisins to counter-act the tartness of the cranberries!  Yummy!!

Also, this recipe makes a ton of batter/dough...(it's thick so it's more like a dough even though it is a batter!).  It makes about 20 full size muffins!!

Look at these beautiful yummy muffins!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...